DISC LABEL GUIDELINES
CD & DVD On Disc Label
Suggestions: 300 dpi or more, .tif, .eps files good for
printing, eliminate guidelines from final graphics,
leave center solid so we can knockout tight fit hole,
outside bleed of 1/8 "
Questions? Call (818) 707-8986
Send For Photoshop Template
Here are some important logos we offer at no charge for the production of
your Cd, DVD or artwork.
Please send finished label
files with appropriate program
adjustment for CMYK (full color) or Spot Colors (Pantone Ink Numbers).
Art Design General Guidlines
CONVERTING CD LABEL FILES TO SPOT COLORS:
A good method is to
create the art in a drawing program, like Illustrator or even Freehand. If Photoshop is the only option, you
will need to create a multichannel file - one channel for each color.
This option is in the Channels menu -"New Spot Channel". To create a
channel select all areas of the specific color, then in the channels
menu go to New spot channel and label that channel the desired PMS
color-PMS colors may be selected from the "custom" option of the "color
picker". Repeat this process for each color.
Programs like QuarkXpress
have the Pantone spot color option.
Positive, right reading, emulsion up.
Separate film for each color and must be identified with a
reference or ID number AND color (Pantone number, process color, etc.)
- Knockout all under-printed colors and provide at least 112
point overlap between adjoining colors.
- Black is the exception and should be selected when fine
linework or text is to overprinted.
- The artwork must include a small registration mark
("+") at the center of the hole in the disc for the alignment of more than one
- Four-color process printing is standard.
- Color matching of PMS colors is available.
- Due to the transparent nature of CD ink, we make no
guarantees to match all colors when printed over the silver disc or other colors. Colors
may be printed over a white background for an absolute accurate color match.
- Silk screening is up to five colors on a disc.
- Printing will be directly on the silver CD
unless you clearly indicate white doughnut background on your printout.
LINE WIDTH AND TYPE SIZE
- Minimum line width no thinner than 0.15 mm (approx. 1/2
point) and 0.30 reversed (approx. 1 point).
- Minimum text size is 4 points (6 points reverse).
- For four-color process printing, minimum line width is 0.30
mm, minimum text size 8 points.
- Screen ruling: 85 lines per inch.
- Production Control Number (PCN) is molded between the 38 mm
and 45 mm diameters.
- Total possible print area is shown in diagram. This
measurement is 18 mm - 117 mm except for a 4mm band between 32 - 35 mm.
- The Compact Disc logo must appear on the disc to assure
consumers that the disc conforms to relevant specifications. There are no requirements as
to the size or location of the Compact Disc logo.
- NOTE: You may use this drawing as a basic template, but be
sure to carefully check the NUMERIC dimensions to be sure the compact disc artwork is
within the proper specifications,
|AREAS TO CONSIDER
||45 mm - 117 mm
|Outer Printable Area Limit
|Metallized Information Area
||38 mm - 45 mm
|Disc ID Mirror Band
||38 mm - 45 mm
||32 mm - 35 mm
|Inner Printable Area Limit
Important: Due to variances between manufacturing
plants, please call office at 818-707-8986 to confirm your Disc
RECORD LABEL ARTWORK & FILM GUIDELINES
- Negative, emulsion down, right reading (no grayscale art).
- Quark or Illustrator for
the Macintosh preferred.
- DO NOT INCLUDE KEYLINES (black lines indicating edges of label).
- Please include a center mark and registration marks.
- All background images should bleed 1/4 inch.
- Please keep all type at least 1/8 inch from the outside cut edge and from the center
|Deviations from these SPECS may result in additional